What Is Prayer?
Prayer, as the universal concept it is, may be understood in
many different ways. You may have your own personal relationship with and meaning
for prayer in your life. Here are some descriptions and quotes from others:
- "The act of communicating with a deity."
- "Praise or thanksgiving."
- "A reverent petition to a deity."
- "Prayer is [asking] for direction, for understanding...."
Cayce Reading 1816-19
- "...prayer is not just a matter of doing but also a way of being."
Larry Dossey, author Prayer Is Good Medicine
- "When love and compassion are present in us, and we send them outward, then that is truly prayer."
Thich Nhat Hanh, author Then Energy of Prayer
Whether you are interested in prayer for an individual, yourself, our planet, or for worldwide
issues, our site is here for you. We offer this prayer service to all religions, all countries, and all nationalities.